Monday, October 24, 2011

Week 3 Photo Challenge: You Incredible

After watching the video on the top ten National Geographic photographs of 2010, I thought about how amazing it is for these photographers to travel across the world on assignments, however life-risking they may be. Each assignment is a chance to photograph something unique and awe-inspiring. What was also interesting were the pictures taken of the actual photographers while they were on assignment. It really put into perspective what they have to go through just to get the perfect picture. You have to be willing to do anything, from standing six feet away from a Grizzly Bear hunting salmon to dodging bullets and mortar shells in the middle of a war zone. The photo below is my attempt at the "You Incredible" theme. It was taken at Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area in Las Vegas, NV. You can see me in the upper left portion of the photo, as I pose, pretending to take a picture on top of a 200 foot sandstone rock. I chose a wide-angle field-of-view for this particular scene because it really lets you see the scope of the landscape beyond me and puts into perspective how large the rock formation was in proportionate to my size. One of the problems I ran into while doing this assignment was that it was windy enough that my tripod almost fell over a few times, and if I didn't have someone there to assist me, my camera surely would have broke to pieces after falling off the side of the cliff.


No comments:

Post a Comment