Monday, October 17, 2011

Week 2 Photo Challenge: Papparazzi

I have always seen paparazzi as obtrusive, bothersome pests, just as they are portrayed in Fellini's La Dulce Vita. It's my opinion but breathing down famous people's throats just to get the next money shot is not my idea of a good enjoyable career. All you really need to be a paparazzi is to be quick and pay attention. I'd prefer something a bit more challenging.

For this shot, I set up a typical scenario where a celebrity is walking down the street as a paparazzi is leaning over the railing, furiously shooting away to get his money shot for some sort of tabloid or magazine. The expression on the girl's face shows that she is obviously distressed and repulsed by this pesky photographer. For the paparazzi's camera prop, I used my old TLR medium format camera and bulb flash, the same kind that was in La Dulce Vita. The place where I took this photograph is located along a portion of Water Street in downtown Henderson. The building in the background, Emery's, was chosen because it is an expensive high-class restaurant.


No comments:

Post a Comment