Monday, October 10, 2011

Week 2 EOC: La Dulce Vita

After watching just a small portion of Fredric Fellini's film, La Dulce Vita, I came away somewhat unimpressed. It seems to have a very uneventful, mundane plot that focuses on the "empty" lives of an Italian journalist and other celebrities. A quote I found on imdb.com sums up my brief experience with the film: "this movie moves along at a snails pace with no plot whatsoever while subjecting you to smug pseudo-intellectual conversation about nothing." I suppose this movie could be considered a masterpiece to people who like the style of realism, but it really does nothing for me. The acting/dialogue seemed a bit awkward and forced at times, although one must remember that Fellini's films featured a lot of dubbing. Visually, the film is okay, with plenty of interesting settings, props, and choreography, however the plot, or lack thereof, is its biggest downfall. Having said all this, I did not see the film in its entirety so my opinion of it could very well change.

No comments:

Post a Comment