Monday, November 14, 2011

Week 7 Photo Challenge: Collage

For this week, I created a collage made of pieces of my three guitars. Taking the shots were somewhat difficult because I didn't really have anything to stand them up against so I had to hold each one with one hand and take the picture with the camera in my other hand. The lens I used was my new Canon EF 24-105 f/4.0L, and nearly all photos were taken at f/4 105mm. I drew my inspiration for this collage after watching Whatever Works, a comedy starring Larry David. There is a particular scene where the mother is showing off her photographs of collages of people, utilizing different parts of their bodies to make one "person." I thought this would relate similarly to a guitar collage because of their different parts, such as the headstock, body, horns, and neck.



No comments:

Post a Comment