Monday, November 7, 2011

Week 6 EOC: Art Changed Me

When I first started attending the Art Institute, I was majoring in Audio Production, which is a very dry and technically oriented degree. After seven quarters of being unhappy of where I was going, since I was a musician who wanted to be able record my music and other people's music, I decided to switch majors to Digital Photography. This decision was made after taking Principles of Photography as an elective class, and it totally woke me up. After years of having a fun little hobby of taking pictures of landscapes and family, I finally realized that I could further explore this passion and eventually turn it into a career that I could enjoy. Further exploring photography as an art gave me a whole new perspective on how to look at it, analyze it, and enjoy it. Finally, although quite a bit off-topic, I feel I cannot end this post without mentioning the single most important thing of art that has impacted me: Fugazi. Not only their music changed me but it was also their ideals and do-it-yourself determination to do things the way they visioned, without any compromise, that I believe has further shaped my approach and attitude to being a professional in the photographic industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment